Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall Renewal???

I don't know who this guy is, I really don't. I found his blog following some research into a MLM company and product Protandim. His site calls the company and product a scam but that is neither here nor there. I was involved in Xyngular for a bit of time last year. Did okay...then couldn't afford the products and had to bow out. Really wanted to make it work but the time just wasn't right. Not going to make a bunch of excuses cause there are no legit reasons. Just didn't make it work. I would like to get back into it but $$ is still a problem around my household so... that is not the reason for my post today. I have not blogged in a long time and felt the urge to do it...

This guy on the lazy man and money blog had posted some very interesting points. Things that I have done in the past but have not been doing lately. I am making a commitment to start back on a plan of action. I feel like I am in a rut. This is a time when I need to be growing and advancing. So here we go...

In the next few days, I am going to be setting some goals and guaging my progress on this blog. That's my plan any way...

More to come!

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/how-to-be-successful-in-the-new-year/
How To Be Successful

[Note: I've republished this article at the beginning of the year the last couple of years. With many people looking to have their best year ever, I feel like doing my best part to provide a semblance of a road map.]

The Most Important Key to Success
•Do What You Love - You aren't going to be successful at something you spend all day dreading. When I was excited about software engineering, I was good - perhaps even above average ;-). When I got stuck on a project that didn't interest me, I was honestly a poor software engineer.
Preparation and Planning
•Make a List of Short, Medium, and Long Term Goals - Each night before I go to sleep, I try to write down 5-10 things that I want to accomplish the next day. I make sure that at least 3-4 are things that I can complete that day and purge from my to-do list. I also make sure to add a couple of small parts of medium or long-term projects. Here's an example. I'm looking to write an eBook. One day my goal was to create an outline of the book - 9-12 chapters and 3-5 things that I wanted to cover in each chapter. The next day one of my goals was to write at least one of those 3-5 things in one chapter. In 1-2 months, I'll have my eBook written.
•Catalog Your Progress - I started this blog to keep me accountable. I can't go out and buy a Ferrari on credit and then write about it here. Instead, I catalog my alternative income progress here. Each day, I think about how I'm going to grow that so that next month I don't have to live up to my moniker.

No comments: